Missing Lois - TOC

A Taste of Chapter 4: The Rescue of Mrs. Luthor - Part 1:

Sam was sitting at the breakfast bar, drinking coffee, when Lucy walked in dressed for work.

“Good morning, Daddy,” she hummed, kissing his cheek.

He stared at her as she grabbed a muffin off the plate and took a bite. Lucy hadn’t called him Daddy since she learned of his involvement with Lex Luthor, and she certainly would never have kissed his cheek. She didn’t look right. Too chipper.

“I’m starving this morning. The baby must be growing like a weed. Did Clark call? Do you know if he’s picking me up today?”

“Lucy, Clark’s not here. He went to rescue your dimension from Tempus. Remember?” Sam tried to explain. But her eyes looked more drugged than puffy from crying. “Lucy, did you take any medicine? That wouldn’t be good for the baby.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, Daddy. Of course, I haven’t taken any medication.” She took another bite of the muffin. “That’s right. Clark is looking for Kal. Kal’s my husband.” Then she put her finger up to her lips. “Secret.” This announcement did not seem to bother her in the slightest. Something was definitely up.

“Why don’t you stay home today, Sweetie? You look like you could use the rest,” he encouraged.

“My, you are talking in riddles today, Daddy. I missed work yesterday and the day before and Ralph is a yeller. I don’t want to be yelled at, so I better be on time today. With Clark out of town, someone has to go to work to cover for him.” She lowered her voice. “Do you think anyone else has figured out he’s really Superman?”
I would like to thank my wonderful Beta Readers for all their help and encouragement. Thank you, you are the best! thumbsup

FYI: I have worked it out and there will be approximately 97 parts to my Missing Lois epic. I have already posted 22 of them as of the end of Chapter 3.

11/3/11 - EDIT: The discussion below contained some spoilers (some vague, some not as vague, plus a reposting of my WHAM warnings), but I have edited as much as possible out. Hopefully, now no problems reading FDK below. blush laugh Also, total count is up to 109 now. blush I miscounted at first.

As always, feedback is welcome.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/05/14 02:45 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.