Across from the light - in the moon-cast shadows - was the barn. All day, he'd felt drawn back there - almost like an addict to a drug supplier. But being there had become steadily more disconcerting, robbing him of his peace and even niggling at his joy in being with Lois.
I do get the feeling that some Kryptonian stuff is buried there. And I don't think it's more of the lovely green crystal.

"I haven't met any of the Smallville locals yet, but I'm concerned that when I do, someone is going to suspect that something is wrong. We don't want anyone wondering why Clark Kent and Superman just happened to forget everything at exactly the same time."

"I talked to a couple of your friends when I was in Smallville today," Lois said. "Maggie Irig lives with her husband, Wayne, on the next farm. They were both very close to your parents."
That sounds like a very convenient way for Lois to introduce Clark into the alibi while hiding her true motivations at the same time. Yep, it's going to backfire. But since it's only another 7-10 parts, probably not too much.

"She is worried that I might have coerced you into marrying me."
Well...

She grinned. "I have a *different* suggestion."

"Does it involve us being together?"

"Yes."

"Naked?"
Yep, she coerced him, all right.

"Yes, but without them, you're going to look like ... well, let's just say that with them, you're going to have every female in the room hyper-ventilating. Without them, things could slide into anarchy fuelled by unbridled oestrogen."
laugh

"It just seems so lopsided," Clark said. "I'm the intruder, the outsider. I have nothing - no place here. You are a beautiful woman - you could have any man you wanted."
Oh, look! His memory is coming back angel-devil

"You're allowed doubts," Lois said quietly. "You're allowed doubts about everything ... except us, except how much I need you."

"OK," he said submissively.
Atta boy.

Is it my imagination or did I read somewhere about you being able to increase the posting speed soon?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.