I really have to thank the FoLCs about the shoes. I posted a question about Lois's shoes, and it sparked a whole long discussion on this thread: .

It was dcarson who pointed out that Lois certainly would not pay retail prices, as she knows guys who know guys. I immediately knew that I had to steal that line for the fic. Thanks!

"Deep vision" - I wish I could claim credit for this, but I can't. It's from Tandrelmairon's excellent Superman fanfic, "Getting Eaten Alive" . Highly recommended.

Yep, I'm piling on poor Clark. But he (probably) deserves it. It was Bobbart, in another thread, who pointed out that Lois going nuclear at the revelation wouldn't have happened until after "TOGOM". Before that, she would have been upset but not overwrought.

When she thought that Clark had been killed, and then she discovers that he was Superman and had never been in danger - after she learns that, that's when she would feel incredibly bitter and betrayed about the revelation. Or so Bobbart posits, and I must agree with him.

Thanks, everyone for the great feedback!