Lois wriggled her shoulders - just a tiny movement - and the dress slithered to the floor.

Part 11

"Scotch?"

"No, thanks."

Eric Menzies slid open his drawer, set a glass on his desk, and half-filled it from the bottle that had also been stashed out of sight.
*blink* But it is nice to see them again. Interesting switch in tempo.

"We need to find out what happened to his mother," Eric said.
Wow. Getting rid of that miscreant sure opened up possibilities for Menzies.

"I don't think there's a way to quantify how important Lois is to Clark. Or Superman. They both need her."

"He's a lucky man," Eric said.

"Yeah," Daniel agreed, thinking about the cell. "And that's despite everything Trask and Moyne did to him."
clap laugh

"Not in the sense of Earth being your home planet," Lois said lightly. "You come from the planet of Krypton - so that makes you Kryptonian."
So, Clark found the globe before he was imprisoned? I completely forgot about this. And what happened with the globe later on?

"Whatever I am, it didn't keep me from marrying the prettiest of all Earth women." His grin came again, doused with suggestion. "And it didn't stop us from, ah ... verifying our compatibility."
Ah, yes. They managed to read the Ikea instructions on how to produce offspring and they actually got the right nuts and bolts in the little baggies to put everything together.

She had shared her body with him. Willingly. Naturally. Forging unbreakable bonds between them.

And then, with total acceptance as her platform, she had revealed the truth of his identity.

Clark touched a kiss to the top of her head.
What an ingenious woman he had married. Of course, it also meant he would never win an argument. But somehow, that didn't seem all that important, right now.

"We'll be back in Metropolis tomorrow,"
Isn't that going to be a bit suspicious, traveling back and forth twice within two days?

Looking forward to part 12? Is it time, yet?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.