Usually I post my feedback first, then come back and read other people's comments. This time, however, I was feeling a bit unsettled after I finished the chapter, so I read the comments in hopes of gathering my thoughts ... and happily, mozartmaid was able to put my feelings into words for me. smile

This was a delightful WAFFy chapter ... but I found myself continuously waiting for the other shoe to drop. Clark is delightfully fun and carefree without his traumatic memories, and Lois is clearly enjoying this look at what he would be like without his emotional burdens. Yet I couldn't help feeling that there's going to be some heartbreak at the end of this, no matter how it plays out.

If Clark never remembers his imprisonment, he and Lois will be able to build a life together, no question. But won't she always have to be careful of what she says to him? Even if she eventually fills him in on what happened to him, and he "learns" his history as one would learn object facts by reading a book, there would be things -- important, serious things -- about their shared history that he'd never be able to discuss with her or understand.

But if those memories do eventually come back (which I'm expecting they will, the ending of AMH notwithstanding), he's going to have to deal with the trauma of reliving those experiences all over again. thumbsup )

I don't think he's going to be thrilled about Lois taking compensation for him helping out with the asteroid. Not even compensation for his imprisonment. He's going to feel guilty about spending that money on clothes and gifts for Lois.
I'm going to disagree here. He might well be surprised at where the money came from and the amount, but the guy was falsely imprisoned and tortured for SEVEN YEARS. His family's farm, their livelihood, was left to rot away, and would have done so had it not been for Wayne's efforts. He never finished college, he was prevented from having a career, he has no work experience or resume with which to find a job, and (unless his memory never returns) he's emotionally scarred for life. No amount of money can make up for those things, but being given the amount he could have made in salary while he was imprisoned is hardly excessive. And I think he would be able to see that, especially with Lois having to give up her own career because of how she helped him and the two of them needing money to live. I don't know what Corrina has in mind, but I would be very surprised if this causes any serious problems between Lois and Clark.

But I guess we'll have to keep reading to find out! And Corrina is the only one who can help with that. wink

More, please! laugh

Kathy