MozartMaid

I love the balance you are creating in Lois' struggle to want to help Clark, yet fearing what memories may be drudged up.
That's a good summation of this chapter - Lois (and me wink ) trying to get the balance right.

Kathy

But she's not being honest with him when she is answering questions, is she? She'd told him he's not going to remember traumatic things, and that's just not true, on any level.
Kathy, I assume you are referring to this ...

"When my memories come back, am I going to discover something really bad? Is it possible that I have amnesia because it was easier than dealing with something traumatic?"

"No," Lois said. "That's not why you have amnesia."
Lois didn't answer Clark's first question. She answered his second - that the need to escape something traumatic is not the primary reason for his amnesia.

The 'psychological trauma' could be a factor - but the timing suggests that it has more to do with flying head-on into a giant asteroid.

Jen The pit is going to burst? wink

Joy I haven't read that story. Although the more I thought about the amnesiac Clark storyline, the more I realised how much the show had simply glossed over.

Laura You were meant to be confused laugh but all was explained in the next part.

Evelyn In the beta, Iolanthe said something like 'what? no cream cheese?' but I thought it was a joke. Ooops.

DW

Also, when Clark deduced that his amnesia was psychological and Lois stated that it was trauma-induced or something similar - that wasn't very honest of her, but she clearly wants to protect Clark (from bad memories and all).
Lois trying to protect Clark is a thread that runs through this entire fic. She's still trying to protect him. And don't forget that, although her agent training might have included some psychology, she isn't trained for this situation. She'd just doing the best she can, because it's better for Clark than seeking professional help.

Michael
I'm wondering. Is she referring to the alien-warden-thingy or the undercover-spying-thingy?
I figured she was reminding Scardino that she was the (only) one who had dealt appropriately with Clark when he was in the cell.

Clark's glasses help him not to use the x-ray vision, but he still has to turn it on (or else Superman would see everyone naked!)

Lynn As I have discovered, the USA is a very diverse nation.

Cristina Poor Lois. As soon as she gets settled into one scenario, everything changes. But she's a spy - she should be used to this. smile

Vicki There were going to be a couple of awkward moments. I think Evan was pretty keen to get out of there before Clark could ask too many questions.

Thanks for the FDK. You guys rock!

Corrina.