Patrick's suggestion sounds quite intriguing. So, how is Lois going to manage to come after Clark? Does Earth have a secret space program? *blinks* Oh, wait. Patrick *didn't* hack into your computer, did he?

"That's why I'm trying to help you," she said. "That's why we're doing this together."

"I don't want to do it anymore."

"I agree."
*blinks*

Shock rocketed through Clark. Had she given up on him? Wasn't that what he wanted? Wasn't it? "Then we're agreed," he said. "I'll sleep in here from now on."

"No," Lois said. "No. That wasn't what I meant. I think we should skip the therapy, and -"
Oh. Okay. Looks like she finally snapped.

Did Moyne rape you?"

"No!"
laugh 1+1=2?

Eric discerned the hint of accusation in Scardino's tone - as if he were suggesting that Eric had used the family connection to pass on agency information. Eric glared - partly to see if Scardino would melt and partly to give himself time to assess the surprising possibility that the younger agent might have - finally - developed a backbone.
shock A backbone. How can this be? We've been so careful in selecting tools for the job.

It all sounded reasonable. Which left two possibilities. Either Neville had gotten it wrong and the alien was dead, or Scardino's development of a backbone had also fostered a sense of loyalty and the ability to lie convincingly.
Curiouser and curiouser.

"I won't be meeting you," Scardino said. "I'm going to Kansas. Get me a private flight leaving from the Metropolis Air Base in half an hour."
*blinks* So, will the alien be able to decide for himself? Or will his warden have to decide the the alien would like to become a naturalized citizen and be allowed to pay taxes in exchange for the privilege of living and working in their country? Oh, and marry said warden?

Does some calculations. shock Oh dear. Trail's going to end with Clark in space, or lost, or something like that. Oh dear. Oh dear.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.