Thank you all for the comments. My sincerest apologies for not responding in a timely manner. The morning after I posted this we got word that my DH's grandfather died, so we immediately left to visit his family. We were there for 2 days, but it was a hectic two days and any online time was devoted to work as I was supposed to work one of those days as my last day in the office for two weeks. Since that didn't happen, I had to work pretty much anytime I wasn't sleeping or doing family stuff to get things done.

In addition to the obvious sadness from my DH's grandfather's passing, this trip also included a car accident as the roads were awful. Luckily no injuries to us or our car, but made the drive home a bit slower going since we were worried we wouldn't be so lucky a second time. So, we got back from that trip about 16 hours before my dad was picking us up to take us to the cruise terminal for a two week vacation. Since we needed to pack, sleep, and finish some shopping that was supposed to happen the day we left for DH's family, as you can guess, I never even got on my computer, let alone online.

By the time we got back from vacation last Monday, I seriously forgot I had posted something before I left, and was busy with last minute X-mas shopping (also supposed to be finished before we left, but oh well), and catching up with work, etc. All in all, it's been hectic.

But I finally remembered about this story and it was such a pleasure to see all the feedback, so thank you!

Patrick - Yes, Clark did influence the elevator. He unplugged it from whatever electronic thing let's it know there's been a request, pushed it to the floor the people on it needed to go and then pushed it down to the ground floor before re-hooking it up. And yes, he also super-speeded to get her chocolate at the coffee cart.

When I first envisioned this story, it also included a few moments in the newsroom during the day of him looking over and blasting her coffee with heat vision so it was always hot when she took a sip, but in the final version, it didn't make sense to get that far.

Thanks, Marcus! I'll make sure to change that error before I post it to the archive (although, I'm also sure I'll find more).

Thanks again everyone for the comments!