wave
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/04/10 07:24 PM
Ahhh... life with Clark is much better for Lois, despite her arrogance. Laura
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/04/10 08:10 PM
That was really cute! Great vignette.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/04/10 08:45 PM
That was clever. You've captured Lois' quirks nicely.

Joan
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/04/10 09:22 PM
Delightful. I do wonder how Clark influenced the elevator? Did he or was Lois just distracted talking with him and didn't notice the passage of time?

I'm sure he supersped to get her chocolate and put it on the coffee cart.
rotflol
Posted By: EvelynC Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/04/10 10:01 PM
Wow! You really captured the early Lois on L&C extremely well. Fun story! Really enjoyed it. lol
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/05/10 01:55 AM
So cute and fun! Loved the last line: "Clark Kent is so weird." Could totally hear Lois saying it!

Delightful vignette! smile
Posted By: DW Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/05/10 10:22 AM
That was really cute and captured Lois' quirks very well indeed! clap

Loved the last line 'Clark Kent was so weird' too and Lois would say something like that laugh
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/05/10 10:37 AM
Nice one - one small error, "How did she get inanimate objectives to behave the way she wanted?" should be objects.
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/05/10 01:22 PM
Cute little one-shot. It brought a few smiles to my face. smile
Posted By: EmilyC Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/06/10 01:32 PM
Cute. What a difference a month makes. smile
Posted By: Tasadi Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/07/10 11:43 AM
And what a difference the right guy makes wink
soo cute smile
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/11/10 08:51 AM
That was adorable. I really like the juxtaposition of just a couple of weeks before Clark and after Clark. And she doesn't even know what's different clap

Michael
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/11/10 08:55 AM
Very cute! How fun!
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK: Going Her Way - 12/27/10 11:41 AM
Thank you all for the comments. My sincerest apologies for not responding in a timely manner. The morning after I posted this we got word that my DH's grandfather died, so we immediately left to visit his family. We were there for 2 days, but it was a hectic two days and any online time was devoted to work as I was supposed to work one of those days as my last day in the office for two weeks. Since that didn't happen, I had to work pretty much anytime I wasn't sleeping or doing family stuff to get things done.

In addition to the obvious sadness from my DH's grandfather's passing, this trip also included a car accident as the roads were awful. Luckily no injuries to us or our car, but made the drive home a bit slower going since we were worried we wouldn't be so lucky a second time. So, we got back from that trip about 16 hours before my dad was picking us up to take us to the cruise terminal for a two week vacation. Since we needed to pack, sleep, and finish some shopping that was supposed to happen the day we left for DH's family, as you can guess, I never even got on my computer, let alone online.

By the time we got back from vacation last Monday, I seriously forgot I had posted something before I left, and was busy with last minute X-mas shopping (also supposed to be finished before we left, but oh well), and catching up with work, etc. All in all, it's been hectic.

But I finally remembered about this story and it was such a pleasure to see all the feedback, so thank you!

Patrick - Yes, Clark did influence the elevator. He unplugged it from whatever electronic thing let's it know there's been a request, pushed it to the floor the people on it needed to go and then pushed it down to the ground floor before re-hooking it up. And yes, he also super-speeded to get her chocolate at the coffee cart.

When I first envisioned this story, it also included a few moments in the newsroom during the day of him looking over and blasting her coffee with heat vision so it was always hot when she took a sip, but in the final version, it didn't make sense to get that far.

Thanks, Marcus! I'll make sure to change that error before I post it to the archive (although, I'm also sure I'll find more).

Thanks again everyone for the comments!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards