I must admit I google some time back and already knew what the outcome of the vote was, but it was still a lot of fun to read.

"You'll stay here," Clark said.

"I'm sorry, Clark," she said. "I can't walk away. Avoiding the merger is only the first step. There is so much more to be done - and because of the financial situation, much of it will be done by volunteers."

The disappointment hit him hard - which was incongruous with what he'd always known - that if Hawthorn survived, Lois would feel a compelling sense of responsibility to help rebuild her club.
This was bound to happen. We've known for a while that Lois couldn't just walk away from her club if the merger didn't go ahead. Now, with the outcome so close, it's time to say it aloud. Disappointment unavoidable.

They had finally arrived at the fork in their lives - the time for decisions. If Hawthorn merged with Melbourne, it would be easy.

Except ...

The demise of her club would devastate Lois.
Unfortunately, no outcome is perfect. Either Lois 'loses' her Australian family and is free to move to Metropolis with Clark, or the Hawks survive, and they have to put their future life in the States on hold.

She smiled. "Perhaps I should. I'm thinking we should get married on -"
grumble Not nice how you left as without knowing what Lois has in mind!

Clark nodded - and tried not to think about how close they had come to having a life together in Metropolis.
Do not dispair, CK. Where there's a will, there's way.

As for Mayson... You've created such an evil character, that even with her current situation, I feel no sympathy whatsoever. Does that make me a bad person? :rolleyes:

Cris