Heh, famous last words indeed.

I adore Lois and "Charlie" together. I think by this point, even if he does leave without saying goodbye, she won't hold it against him too long, especially if next time they meet -- assuming the universe doesn't go kablooey and there is a next time -- he explains how he'd already screwed the timeline so completely by helping with her investigation and he had to get out of there. Of course, that also assumes that he's able to get the time machine working again and it actually takes him directly to 1993 ... and I'm not at all confident that will happen, LOL.

Hmm, though since this has now happened in 1987, 1993-Lois may be already sitting on that plane suddenly "remembering" the man who told her not to go to the Congo ... and Clark could just quit while he's ahead and go back to his own time. But then the story would be nearing the end, rather than only 1/3 of the way through, and we'd get way fewer postings than I want ... so on second thought ... Go Clark! Keep messing up that timeline! goofy

Kathy