Hi MLT,

I haven't been posting feedback for every part (Shame on me!), but I have been reading them as time permits, and I have been enjoying the story thoroughly.

tingling at the obvious prevarication
Clark is a bad liar in any universe, it seems...Makes sense, since lying would go against his innate honesty.

“Do I know you?” she asked.
And this is where things get really interesting. I wonder how long it will be before Lois places her guardian-angel-who-hasn't-aged-in-a-decade?

Now that she thought about it, she was sure she’d seen those glasses somewhere before.
Getting warmer...

But most of all, he wanted a chance to review everything about that encounter, hoping he hadn’t done something that might change the time line.
Earth to Clark! Just about everything you said or did had a potential to change the timeline in huge ways!

He really shouldn’t have gone over in the first place.
Ya think? wink

And he thought she’d been satisfied... or at least distracted enough that she hadn’t pursued that line of thought.
The he obviously doesn't know Lois as well as he thinks he does...

“Klein’s Medical Drug Reference.”
Has Bernie been busy as an author?

as her eyes found the large... thing sitting in the center of the room <snip> Her mouth fell open when she read the title scrawled across the top. ‘A Mechanism For Travel Through Time.’
As if the timeline hadn't changed enough already...

his idyllic memory
Ummm... I think you mean "his eidetic memory". (According to m-w.com, "idyllic" means "pleasing or picturesque in natural simplicity," and "eidetic" means "marked by or involving extraordinarily accurate and vivid recall especially of visual images.")

That was just business. It wasn’t personal. Last night was personal.
Linda brings new meaning to the term "chutzpah."

“The club Paul took me to was raided.
Poetic justice!

It was almost as if Paul had been magically erased from her heart and mind.
Not magic, Lois, just a change in the timeline.

She knew where she had seen Charlie King before.
Aha! I had been starting to think that this revelation was going to wait until the next post.

And speaking of the next post...I am very much looking forward to it! smile

Joy,
Lynn