DW wrote:
She is an experienced journalist, but that doesn't necessarily make a person good at writing fiction.
...As I have learned myself, the hard way. I have written my share of scholarly articles, book chapters, etc. I am confident in my abilities to communicate facts clearly and concisely. But fiction writing is a whole other ball game. The primary difference between me and my Lois is that I recognize myself to be a beginning writer when it comes to fiction. Less so now than I was when I started posting in February, but still with a *lot* to learn.

Ann, we can always count on you to post the best pictures! smile I must admit that, while I enjoyed Star Trek for a number of reasons, Spock was the major draw for me, as well.

I'd like to say that I had been trying to play off of Rhett Butler's name when I came up with Brett Baxter; but if that is the case, it was done subconsciously. I hadn't known about the actor by that name; it is funny that he actually played in ST. It's even funnier that his full name is Brett Baxter Clark!

And RedShirt must have a suicide wish, given the average life span of a security officer on the Enterprise...

Evelyn, I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I had a lot of fun writing it.

My thanks to the three of you for your feedback. smile

Joy,
Lynn