First a general comment ... you guys are amazing.

While there is a certain satisfaction in springing a surprise, it's perhaps even better when I carefully set up a situation (but don't explain it explicitly) and the FDK shows that the readers are on the same page with me.

Artemis Thanks. I said I had plans for Esmeralda - sure, it was only a broken nail, but Lois showed that when she truly wants something (someone?), Esmeralda is no match for her.

Tank

Granted he's always felt like he doesn't quite fit in, but he has friends both as Clark and as Superman.
In this fic, he has no friends as Superman.

Re Clark's insecurity - because he's never really embraced being Superman, he's still uncomfortable about his alien-ness. He sees it as a negative - something that stops him being normal. Because he sees it as an unfortunate flaw, he assumes everyone else will too.

I agree with your thoughts on Lois's reaction.

Thanks.

Sarah Thanks, Sarah. There are still at least another ten parts, so there has to be a few more downs, but yeah, things are heading up.

Ann You explained the differences between canon and this fic really well.

To me it isn't strange that she needs a little time to think about it.
Thank you.

Re Clark waiting. The timing is always absolutely crucial. He's known her less than a month - I think it's realistic that he would wonder if he should have given her more time to get to know him as Clark before introducing the whole other side of him.

DW 23 and 24 could be considered one part - though it would be huge. My buffer is shrinking, but I'll try not to keep you waiting too long for 24. Thanks.

Michael I thought every incarnation of Lois Lane could pick locks!!

Ezzie - this is not her story so I'm not going to explore what she is doing. Possibilities include that the men visiting are drug dealers/buyers or perhaps she's running an unlicensed brothel (which is illegal. Licensed brothels aren't).

Cristina You could be writing this fic, Cristina!

QoA She staked her claim before she knew that CK=S. That's why he then has doubts.

Thanks for the FDK.

Bob See comment to Cristina!

Thanks

Corrina.