Why is it that other FDKers seem to express my thoughts better than I can myself these days?

I chuckled and nodded all the way through Tank's post. What he said, Corrina! (But hey, you shouldn't feel compelled to cut Lois's hair on my account! wink )

I loved, loved, loved the incredible sweetness of Clark and Lois's first night together in the same bed. I also loved how Lois rescued Clark from Esmeralda.

As for Lois's reaction to Clark's revelation, maybe I was a little disappointed, but I think it is worth remembering that Superman himself is a more "alien" concept to this Lois than he could ever be to canon Lois. After all, the very first thing canon Superman ever did was save Lois (and a bunch of colonists) by eating a bomb, and then he took Lois in his arms and flew her to the Daily Planet. She couldn't very well be afraid of Superman after that. But to this Lois, Superman is someone she has seen on TV and read about in the newspapers, nothing more. To canon Lois Superman was her very own knight in shining armour and red and blue tights, but to this Lois he is a celebrity from half a world away. To be told that her own Clark is this far-away celebrity, and that he isn't just from half a world away but from another planet in another solar system altogether, must be a bit of a shock. Lois probably hasn't spent that much time thinking about Superman in the first place. Now she must decide if she wants a relationship with a man who isn't even from the Earth. To me it isn't strange that she needs a little time to think about it.

Ann