When my daughter was born in '99, I saw her briefly before they took her away. And then didn't see her for hours. I remembering saying "Hey, I'm certain I had a baby this morning; where is she?" Turns out they heard a heart murmur and took her off to do an X-ray, just to make sure it wasn't serious. But after that, she roomed with me, as had my son. I didn't have C-sections, though. Actually, with him, I was trying to nurse and not figuring it out, until a nurse came over and physically positioned both of us, til he got latched on. Not that any of this has anything to do with the story, of course. smile

I hadn't read the previous story so I was a little confused at points, but it wasn't incomprehensible. Although, seriously, the breastfeeding craze started long before the late 90's, so that part did sound strange.

Thanks for sharing smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K