I am agreeing with everyone else here! This is just such wonderful waffiness. Makes me feel like I am flying!!

Only Clark dares to tease me like this. He's done it since practically the day we met. It took some time, but I eventually realized that he wasn't mocking me; he was acknowledging me. It's the verbal equivalent of a wink.
I love the above! It is the perfect explanation of the banter between Lois and Clark--that chemistry that helps explain why their partnership works...why Clark can make comments like "You like to be on top" in the first season without alienating or utterly frustrating Lois, heh.

I hold my hand out to him. "Wanna fly with me?"

Clark doesn't say a word and I can't tell if he's speechless because he thinks I'm kidding or if he's trying to find a polite way to decline.
"Come fly with me--let's fly, let's fly away..." Heh heh. This is a great role reversal here. Lois inviting Clark to fly with her rather than the other way around. Can't blame Clark for being speechless for a moment--has to feel pretty weird.

And yet I can clearly hear a steady rhythm and I wonder if it's true that cities have a pulse. Then it dawns on me that what I'm hearing is Clark's heartbeat and not Metropolis. It feels far too intimate, like I'm spying on him somehow, so I leave it out of my answer.
I love that! The bit about wondering if cities have pulses is great in a poetic sort of way, and then it gets even greater when it becomes apparent that Lois is attuned to Clark the way he is attuned to her. Cue more warm feelings!

Thank goodness he hasn't interpreted my distraction as ambivalence about kissing him!
Hahah at that. She's fortunate she's hanging out with Superman's alter ego....

"Clark?" I whisper, scarcely believing it.

His eyes widen.
I love how you handled the revelation above. Very simple--yet very powerful. And it occurring in the midst of Dr. Klein dealing with the camera is great.

Such a wonderful chapter! This was really really enjoyable.