His arms slid around her waist and held her close, and it wasn’t long before she felt both of them shift from coworker-celebration-hug mode to man-woman-hug mode. She squeezed her eyes shut and held on for just one second more, then put her hands on his shoulders and pushed back.
dizzy These things can be so much trouble in the context of this story.

But she couldn’t. She wouldn’t. That would be a disastrous event, right up there with the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and Vesuvius erupting all over Pompeii in 79 and the time Lucy spilled nail polish on Lois’ favorite skirt when she was about to sneak out for a date she wasn’t supposed to go on.
lol

“I live by three rules, Kent. I never get involved with my stories, I never let anyone else get there first, and I never sleep with anyone I work with.” She stared at him for a long moment, daring him to say anything else, then finished with, “This. Is. Business.”
That’s true. But then, it’s also strictly business between a hooker and her John.

. “A lot of that goin’ on around here, ain’t it?”
Yep. I’m sure sensing a theme here. Lois. Clark. Martha. Perry. Now, whom did Lex lose. And has Jimmy baggage, too?

Good part! More?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.