Rac, that was a wonderful and eventful chapter. I know that Clark and Lois have a long way to go, but I can't help but feel hopeful that things are moving in the right direction.

I love Dr. Friskin. What a wonderful, helpful confidant for both of the world's superheroes. Her points were right on and reminded Clark (and me!) that the massacre at Silban was really out of his hands. His generals didn't give him the information because they were misled by a saboteur, not because of his inherent weakness. I'm so glad that Dr. Friskin mentioned that they also kept the information from Zara, as it gave credence to her comments that Clark really wasn't solely responsible.

Between Silban and the attempt to break Nor out of prison, you’re blaming yourself for the deaths of almost two thousand people.
In his conversation with Dr. Friskin, he mentioned the 2,000 people that died (that he feels responsible for), and all together many thousands more died in the war. It's been a while since I read the previous parts to this story, but has anyone ever pointed out to Clark how many lives would have been lost without his help? The Kryptonians came to earth looking for Kal-El for a reason. How many thousands of lives did he save by going? How much improved is their world because of his help? I wish someone would remind Clark that for all the death and destruction he was involved in, it would have been more devastating if he had never come.

I'm not sure the significance of Lois' humanitarian publicity announcement. It'll convey that the heroes are united in their efforts to care for the Indonesian people. Hopefully, Clark will see it as Lois being supportive and not another knock at his self-sufficiency.

Great stuff. I'm loving your more frequent posts and can't wait for more.