Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your comments. I'm quite relieved to see that no one has hung me in effigy...yet. I realize that I've begged your indulgence for a number of radical twists and turns in this story. I've written a Clark who: gave up hope and prayed for death, who contemplated emotional suicide via infidelity, and who hit his wife once he returned. I've written a Lois who: believes Clark has been unfaithful and is willing to forgive him not just for that, but also for hitting her. All of these things strike me as radically out of character, when considered out of context. My hope is that in the context of this story, all of these developments have been believable.

Artemis, thanks for your very kind comments. I agree that Dr. Friskin has pegged the really sticky issue for Clark. As much as Clark wants to be an ordinary guy and as much as he thinks he's an ordinary guy, he isn't. His morality is different from that of an ordinary guy because his powers require it. But how do you change the moral fabric of your being, the things that have developed as a part of you for decades?

Glad you enjoyed this section, Cookiesmom.

Ann, you've touched on a number of critical issues. Clark and Lois's failure to communicate has led to a lot of heartache, and what looks to be even more angst coming up. Lois sees the message and gets the wrong impression, because there's so much she doesn't know about what happened, except that it haunts her husband constantly. And yet, even though we know she isn't wrong about Talan's feelings and we know that Clark contemplated infidelity (however briefly), believing he actually went through with it is something else entirely. It attacks the very core of who Clark is.

'Aaaaah!' was pretty much my thought, too, Sarahg wink

I knew that you knew it, Terry wink I did, however, try not to comment on this eventuality before this part. It is, as you said, unreasonable for Lois to compare herself unfavorably to Talan or to jump to the conclusion she did, but like you said, it's also understandable. I tend to think that Lois is right here in believing she could forgive infidelity in these circumstances (but certainly not in others). It is a strange set of circumstances our heroes find themselves in.

Hi Pedendang, thanks for your comments. As to whether killing someone or infidelity is worse, I think the circumstances determine the outcome of that unpleasant contest. I do believe Lois can accept what Clark had to do on New Krypton and I believe it's easier for her to do so than for him. He's always been extremely hard on himself and she's always seen the best in him.

Michael, that is, indeed the a very low point for Clark. I'm glad you enjoyed this part.

Flowerpot, Clark was not aware of Talan's feelings. He's apparently not as perceptive as his wife. wink

Thanks for commenting, Lovesuper97.

Thank you all for your very kind comments.

Regards,

Rac