Definitely an interesting premise. You've got a couple of angles you could pick up on here.

- Superman has admitted not only that he checks up on Lois, but also that he does it both for himself and for Clark. This implies a lot of communication between S & C about Lois. It implies the two of them teaming up to look after her, which could be a lead-in to a revelation.

- This Lois is intriguingly self-aware. "Mad Dog Lane was an act" says a lot. And she seems pretty comfortable with the idea that she has *two* men who care for her.

- She's still got the issue of her professional reputation to protect/rehabilitate. Not sure I would want to get too far into that. She seems to be focusing more on the "Please tell me Superman isn't stalking me" angle. I loved the "Please don't let me down" line.

- She's floored that he listens for her heartbeat. This could be a good jumping off place for the next part. The implications of his ability to pick her heartbeat out from everyone else in her apartment block are stunning if she really thinks about it. It implies a level of...concern? attachment? intimacy?...that she hadn't realized Superman had for her.

- But please keep Clark in this mix, too. I love that Supermans says "*We* worry about you." That 'we' has a different implication than a love triangle. It makes S & C partners instead of rivals in their concern for Lois.

I'm definitely for the revelation story idea. As for how to get unstuck, I would try letting these characters talk this out and just see where it takes you.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing where you take these characters next.

This *is* my happily ever after.