I came in to give some basic FDK but when I went down the thread my mouth dropped open and I had to go back and re-read that part.

First off, I liked the section. There were really two aspects that I especially liked.
a) The idea that Kal is carrying around the weight of a dead planet.
b) The development of the relationship

We know that Kal is carrying around a lot of guilt. Even so, the idea that the amnesia could be a good thing was a great idea. I loved this section:
Despite his painful confusion, there was something about him that seemed different. Lighter, even.

He was no longer carrying the weight of an entire dead planet on his shoulders.

It was amazing how much healthier he looked because of that.
As to the relationship, I have to admit that I also wondered a bit when Lois says:
You’re right. There is something between us.
So when I read Terry’s FDK I can see the concern. I had a similar thought at first. But even before I saw and FDK and had gone back a second time and looked at the kiss.
Then Kal pulled her closer with those arms that were so powerful, too powerful in this case. She had no hope of fighting it, even if she wanted to. He pressed her into a hard kiss that caused even more tears to leak out.
Kal initiated this! Then later, it’s Kal that approaches Lois with this
I don’t remember you, I think there’s an unconscious part of me that remembers how I feel about you. It feels like… there’s something going on between us. Romantically.
At this point I think Lois’s reply of
You’re right. There is something between us.
is an honest answer. Perhaps I’m being too much of a hopeless romantic but I want to believe that Lois is being sincere and is doing the best to tell the truth. After that farewell kiss that Kal gave her, there is *something* between them.

I just hope that
1. Lois is cautious enough to not let it go very far until he gets him memory back
2. When Kal regains his memory, he doesn’t believe Lois took advantage of his situation.

Either way there could be turbulent times ahead.

Bob