Sorry for the delay. You mentioned buck-eyed balls in your last chapter. I knew you had given us a link or something to what these actually were, so I went back to some previous chapters last night, and ended up reading the whole story again. smile Really great story, Nancy! I'm glad you stuck with it.

Grinch - I can't believe I surprised you with a Lois and Clark ending. I was a little afraid I might be lynched without it.
Really? I was open to Lois and Chad staying together. I mean, I didn't love Chad, but he was nice to Lois, so I let him be. smile I thought you got this sense when you first started breaking them up, and we kept saying, are you really going forward with this! That being said, I'm all for Lois and Clark ending up together (that shouldn't be a surprise). wink

I'm wondering though, on what path will these versions of Lois and Clark take. I'm reminded of H.G. Wells telling Lois that her love for Clark was so great that it changed her for the better and for ever. With Lois previously being married, and having Chad in her life, she wasn't the isolated, needy, and wanting to be loved person as canon-Lois. So, with Clark now, is there room in her personal development, for this life-altering transformation? As readers, we get the sense that it was more than distance that broke up Lois and Chad, it was something more fundamental and basic to any relationship. I hope Lois realizes this, and doesn't think of hers and Chad's love story as the perfect fairy tale. Otherwise, it could be in that in your universe, Lois may think Chad to be her soul-mate and Clark to be the guy who gets her through this lifetime when Chad couldn't.

Also for Clark, here is a Lois who doesn't need to be saved every two seconds. This Lois doesn't need Clark to be patient and show her that not all guys are scum. Given this, what role will Clark play in her life? Also, since Chad's been a decent and straight up guy, will Lois constantly be comparing Clark with Chad? Given Clark's relative inexperience, I'm sure insecurities could develop based on this notion alone.

All that rambling aside, I agree with robinson that Lois and Chad's love seemed very young. That's why I've been questioning all along, whether they really did love each other, or they thought they did based on what they knew at the time. This young love thought is reinforced by Chad's comment in the second to last chapter. Chad says something to the effect of, in junior high, it singled you were over your ex if you kissed somebody else. I understand where he's coming from, but still, for a 28 year old guy to be saying that, just supports the idea that Lois has yet to be involved in a more adult, mature, type of relationship.

Given these ramblings, a sequel could so be in the works, even if we have to wait until 2011. smile

One last thought, it would have been nice when Martha mentioned Lois and Clark's last article, for you to stick in a "Lane and Kent" byline mention. The last we saw Lois, she had said she wasn't quite sure the difference between Lois Lane and Lois Andrews. I would hope that the Lois who admitted she loved Clark, would have been comfortable with the Lois Lane she had become again.