Thank you again for all the comments. This next part coming up completes my first fic, which was a very scary experience. Thanks for making it easy.

Maria, glad you liked the conversation between the Kents. I was particularly nervous about that because I wasn't sure if it added much to the story.

Vicki, I had fun with the Ralph comment. It was a very late addition, put in at the last second. As for foreshadowing...you'll just have to read Part 4. smile

As for the glacier, there were definite reasons I chose for Clark to go to Juneau. For one thing, I've been there, so I've seen the glacier first-hand. Secondly, there was a lot of symbolism involved. The cold and ice is very symbolic of the way he's feeling, as is the stasis Clark's life has become. So I thought the venue was very appropriate.

When I visited the city while on an Inland Passage cruise, the one thing that stood out about the city was that it was isolated from the rest of Alaska. Despite Juneau being the capital of the state, there are no roads that lead in or out of the city. So you can't drive to or from Juneau. That isolation seemed to fit for the situation as well.

Jocelyn, I'm not sure exactly what to say except thank you. blush

Randi, I've never been a big fan of deathfics, so I'm not sure if I'll ever explore that particular aspect. If anyone else wants to do so, including yourself, please feel free to write one using those ideas you mentioned in your comments for Part 2. I'm grateful you enjoy the story even though it didn't go in the direction you were hoping for.

Thanks again to all who've read this far. And thanks to Maria, Vicki, Jocelyn, Laura, Jose, Gabriele, Sira, Tricia, Wendy, CC, Randi, and Pel for all your comments.

Part 4 is coming up...

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin