Time travel stories are becoming very popular lately! (Since I love them, I'm happy!)

Intersting. I like how Lois was confused about saving Bender. Should she save someone that was supposed to die at that time?
On the Other Hand smile (I find it so ammusing to use that phrase these days), like Lois also thought, Bender may have been a slime-ball but that doesn't mean he deserved to die just because he got in Lex Luthor's way!

And then there is the issue of being with CLARK but not being with her HUSBAND. She can still find comfort in his arms, but she can't treat him like her husband because it would be out of character for her right now. (So hence, Clark wouldn't believe her.)
Plus - he isn't really the man she loves. He's Clark, but not the Clark she married. He's the Clark she dated a few years ago. He's changed since then, based on Lois knowing he's Superman, and them being closer as couple. (And other life expriences.)

And Clark has to deal with a Lois who isn't his wife. - Same problems (but without wondering what to do about Bender and Lex Luthor.)