First of all, I still think Lois and Clark are going to try to switch things so Ellen and Lucy ARE alive but they're married. (See FDK related thread from about six months ago.)

Tempus thinks he's got them in an impossible choice, but they're going to try to change other things instead of the car crash that killed Ellen and Lucy. Whether that works or not is debatable.

And I'm not sure how I feel about this.

"Oh, that's right," Tempus said, snapping his fingers. "*This* little woman is accepting of the whole alien/super powers thing, but only where no one can see you. And since the world already has one hero, why does it need another?"
According to this, Lana doesn't have a problem with Clark BEING an alien, just with him helping. That indicates she isn't a xenophobe, just a little scared. (In many ways, not that different from canon Jonathan.)

But we all know Clark is meant to help, so this is probably one reason why Lana wasn't really the right woman for Clark. (Which we all knew, anyway.)

BUT - it also shows Lana as being more of the evil woman we generally see her as. Obviously, she isn't evil, she's just a little scared, like I said before.
But it becomes EASIER to point the finger at her and say "she's bad." That's not how I want to see Lana, particularly in this storyline.
There could be other reasons why Lana wasn't the right person from her than just she wouldn't let Clark help.
(Although, this is probably another reason why Tempus likes this reality better. After all, one of his goals is always to get rid of Superman.)

Anyway, whatever.

I like Clark refusing to cheat on Lana even though he'd like to. For him, it comes down to ethics. It's wrong to cheat on your wife, period. No matter what the circumstances.

It's not about who he'd like to be married to, or their feelings. It's not even really about protecting his wife, in many cases. It's about the value of fidelity itself.