I can see why you've decided to like Lana now, Carol. smile

I had wondered if Lana was going to see their relationship for what it was easier than they could.

She's obviously grown up. She's not petty anymore. She had said previously that she didn't really meant it when she wouldn't play stepmommy.
She rescued Christopher. And she let Clark "go" from her heart, because she knows he's meant for Lois now.

(And for the record, because she let Clark go, and got the job she wanted, I no longer think she has too many "bad deals" in this story.)

I still wonder when Clark is going to SERIOUSLY think about what this means.
I went back to the truck and headed towards the farm. I was surprised at the lack of... whatever when I saw Lana. Something. I was happy for her. This was going to be her dream job. Small class, little kids, she'd be in her element.
He was happy for her, because it was a good job. The way anyone would be happy for a friend. And he and Lana were friends for a long time. BUT HE HAD NO "IN LOVE FEELINGS FOR HER."

Clark is no longer "in love" with Lana. He is in love with the memories of her, the idea of her.

EDIT: Of course, as I've said before, letting Lana go doesn't end the problems with Lois. He's still got to get rid of the "Double-edged guilt", one way or another. Come on, Clark you can do it! I know it's hard, but you've got to move on with your life!