Elisabeth, I know I'm being evil - this is the scene where Nigel St. James body was found. I guess, I'm stretching the time line a little, but it could work.

From Part 1

She leaned against her pillow and sobbed. Where was Clark? She needed him so much. He would give her advice; he would know what to do now. He was a friend of Superman. Lois wanted to find out what was going on; she wanted to undo what damage she might have caused. There had been times when she would have easily done all the things she needed to do without a partner. Even so, she felt helpless now. With Clark, she was a much better a reporter. He made her a better person, too.

With a grunt of disapproval, Lois straightened herself. Who was this sad bundle of self pity on her partner’s sofa? She didn’t need help to find Clark or to deal with Superman. After all, she was Lois Lane, the famous, award winning investigative reporter and she was certainly one of the best journalists in Metropolis. She could do it on her own! Lois threw away the pillow wet with tears and got up. She was Mad Dog Lane!!

<...according to the police the body of a man was found about an hour ago in Hob’s Bay. The man hasn’t yet been identified...>

Lois froze, her glance wandering back to the TV screen, afraid that she was watching the news she had been dreading to see. Her heart was pounding in her ears. ‘Clark,’ she thought desperately. ‘No, no, no, no! Please, let it not be Clark!’

Lois’ previous restlessness had taken hold of her again. She couldn’t wait for Henderson to call her. She had to see it with her own eyes, as painful as it would probably be. This nightmarish wait had to end, one way or another. And she didn’t care if she did wake someone up. A moment later, Lois had grabbed her car keys and left Clark’s apartment.
Don't worry, I'm going to post these last two parts. They're written.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool