That was...interesting.

I wonder what might have happened if Clark had returned about ten minutes later? Would Mayson have had the time to tear Lois's clothes off too? And then what would Jimmy have said or thought? (Assuming, of course, that just seeing Lois naked didn't burn out his eyes. Lady Godiva, indeed!)

And I'm a little surprised that Lois would physically attack a naked woman, no matter where they met. After all, if she's only wearing a tie, that drastically reduces the damage Lois could do without leaving bruises or yanking out hair follicles.

But wasn't that so very daring of Mayson! Wow. She's right, though. That birthday present would leave no doubt about what she was proposing between herself and Clark. And when she told Lois that she was planning to wear it with her suit, I never thought she meant birthday suit! And Lois's reaction to finding naked Mayson pretty much displays her feelings to both Clark and to Mayson.

I'll have to get my wife to read this vignette. Maybe we could get some ideas. I bet she's a better singer than Mayson is.

I have only one little niggle, and that's with the spelling of this word:

"loosing"
This word is not the opposite of "winning" or the gerund for "lose." That's spelled "losing," with one "o," as in "Hurry, Superman! I'm losing my grip on the flagpole!" If one is "loosing" something, one is releasing it, as in "Luthor is crazy! He's loosing the dogs of nuclear war just because Lois won't marry him!"

English is tricky, especially for native English speakers. Will Rogers once said something to the effect that "It ain't what we don't know that hurts us, it's what we know that ain't so." That's never more true than in English grammar and spelling, no matter which side of the pond you're on.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing