Here's the legit feedback that this part deserves.

Henderson headed for the front door. Before he touched the doorknob, he turned back to her. “Be careful around Superman.”
He may be sarcastic, but he's always looking out for her best interests.

She sighed. “Look, I may not remember him, but I know him well enough to know that he wouldn’t do anything like that. It’s not who he is.”
In the same way, she is always faithful to her friends, whether she remembers them or not.

He stood for a moment. “Sometimes, the death of someone you love can change a person. Especially when you feel it was your fault.”

He left before she could realize that he was speaking from personal experience.
An intriguing response. I believe you're telling us that Henderson has a past we haven't heard about.

The cell door opened. A shadow figure took two steps in and as she opened her mouth, a cloth was pressed firmly against her mouth.

The face of Tom Berry was the last thing she saw before her world went black.
Have we met Tom Berry before this part? For that matter have we met Michael Reynolds? I'm pretty sure we've met Alex. My guess is that he's a clone of Superman who had been raised by Lex Luthor. Just a guess based on the flimsy evidence that he arrived through the window, was a man who was dangerous to irritate, who felt the need to deal with street trash and who had enough of a temper to leave a hole in the wall.

I may not be the biggest fan of Arianna Carlin, but I've never wished her dead. Course, as you pointed out to me earlier, you never actually said that she died.

“Hello Lois,” the voice was deep, eerily familiar, but with a dark edge to it. “Didn’t I kill you already?”
Remind me not to read Imbroglio just before bedtime. This guy is absolutely creepy.

She had never realized how intimidating Clark could be if he chose to be so, but his doppelganger exuded an air of threat and power. She had no doubt in her mind that this person wasn’t actually her husband.
There's that faithfulness again. She barely remembers Clark, yet she trusts him enough to know that he wears a white hat.

I'm not talking to you about the cliffhanger. You know how I feel about those. (The word addicted comes to mind, but I won't write it down since I'm not talking to you. laugh )

Elisabeth