“Oh.” Duh. Of course. Why would he ask his *mom* whether or not we had had sex?
notworthy Well, maybe he has an open relationship with his mother, who knows? Or Jon can always use the “Christmas three lights” analogy!

He always made a point of always coming to the front entrance and ringing her doorbell in the vain hope that she would some day return the courtesy. That day had yet to come.

It took her a bit longer than normal to answer the door, and by the time she finally did, Jon had worked himself up into a nervous frenzy.
When I read this I was like, I can bet that Jay was there. :rolleyes: And…

He was able to really take in his surroundings, and that’s when he realized something disturbing. “Ellie, there’s someone hiding in you closet.”
I knew it… haha… Busted! rotflol

“We needed a dark space,” Jay provided.

“Yeah,” Ellie chimed in. “And the sun just kept streaming in through the blinds so he had to go in the closet.”
I think lame excuses run in the family, don’t you?! I think they needed a dark space for something else. devil Oh, Ellie and Jay are so busted!!!

This was a refreshing part. Very different than what I was used to. Which is a nice thing. Come on, where’s next part? I wanna know what happens in their date. grovel