As I stood in the doorway, I became painfully aware of the fact that I hadn’t showered yet today.
Hm, does that mean that she is still wearing traces of Jon's scent from the time they had spent together. Shouldn't that alone have been enough to give the state of their relationship away to him?

“Ellie, there’s someone hiding in you closet.”

Ellie instantly turned beet red. “Oh, yeah. That’s… that’s Jay.”
I knew it laugh

“Kaylie’s brother?”

“Yeah. You know how he got the whole memory treatment thing too, right? Well, we’re trying to find a way to hack into his subconscious and find any clues. You might as well come out, Jay,” she raised her voice so he could hear. “Jon knows you’re here.” The door to the closet slid open and the same man that Jon remembered meeting earlier in the day stepped out, looking a little sheepish at being found out.

“So, why was Jay hiding in your hall closet?” Jon asked, still confused.

“We were… trying a new technique,” Ellie rushed to say.

“-for the memory thing,” Jay added.

“Yeah, the memory thing.”

“In the closet?” Jon asked disbelievingly.
Hm, I think I know which technique she was using. It involves the exchange of bodily fluids and lots of touching. Right? I am right? Right? Come on, Beth, you may post part 10 any time now. wink

Oh, and on a serious note: Now that you are posting on Wednesdays and Sundays, you will have to keep to that schedule to make fans extra prima happy instead of just happy wink (P.S. this just extrapolates from Tank's fic-posting request)

Michael, who is very glad his gfic-tale had already been on a Sunday-posting schedule laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.