This thread got bumped and I realized I haven’t replied yet. blush Thank you so much to everyone who’s left feedback – it really is just the thing to warm me up on a cold morning.
I guess Metropolis doesn't have an open-container law?
Well, if they did, Clark could get rid of the bottle pretty quick.
This is nice because it's very much in keeping with her character: fantasy followed by reality check.
Thanks, Eva! That really is (to me) one of the fun things about Lois. Tough as nails on the outside but her inner life is full of romantic dreams.
Is that the actual temperature at which light bulbs explode?
I have no idea at what temp they finally explode. I started the fic with that question, but never could find it in my research. So I finally gave up and let Clark tell us how hot the filament burns. It’s the introduction of air (like when you burn a hole through the glass) that causes the explosion.
Well, I haven't seen the episode,
Oh Ann! Truly? Then I’ll *send* you the ep. Or at least just the scene at the marina condo. The chemistry between them is INTENSE.
You should have been hired to write the original show. Please, Mayson could be exploded another time, couldn't she?
I thank you for the compliment, but if I had been allowed to write the show, Mayson never would have blown up. I never *loved* her character, but I could sure *relate* to her character. She was in love with someone she could never have – that was punishment enough. They didn’t have to kill her.

My heartfelt thanks to everyone who has chimed in. I’m at work so I’m not really able to reply at length. frown Let me also add a quick shout-out to Clarkie – I hope you have a lot of fun on the boards. It’s a great place to hang out, that’s for sure. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis