As far as Asabi's reaction to Lois's question about where the bodies are buried, I may have tripped you on an American idiom. The phrase refers to knowledge of possibly damaging secrets, such as a political candidate's adolescent drug use or employment of an illegal alien within the household. It doesn't necessarily refer to literal dead bodies.
I didn't think that the phrase was meant to be taken literally at all, Terry. After all, Lois would hardly have asked the question about a man she is so obviously attracted to, and in such a flippant manner, if she had been the least bit serious about wanting to know where Lex had buried the people he had killed!

No, but I meant that because Asabi is a foreigner, he might take the question seriously, just for a millisecond. Long enough to lose his cool and his composure. Especially if he knew that the dead and buried bodies were real enough. And by losing his cool, he might be Lois to the fact that dead bodies were more than a figure of speech. No matter he found it so hard to smile afterwards!

Speaking about the attractiveness of dangerous men. In 1988, this young man, Juha Valjakkala of Finland, was seized and arrested after a massive manhunt, after he had killed an entire family in a small village in northern Sweden.

[Linked Image]

When I saw this picture, I felt absolutely certain that thousands, if not tens of thousands, of young Swedish women would fall totally and crazily in love with the young murderer the moment they laid eyes on this picture. And you know what, Terry? I was right. Truckload after truckload of love letters arrived at the prison where he was locked up. At least three girls tried to break him out of prison, and one almost succeeded. A pastor who I met several times wrote petitions and newspaper columns arguing that Valjakkala should be allowed to marry the admirer that he liked best, a nineteen-year-old Swedish girl. In Scandinavia, prisoners are not forbidden to marry in prison, although in this case the match was regarded as unsuitable. Nevertheless, thanks in no small part to the pastor's efforts, Valjakkala was able to marry his girl after a few months. Since then he has divorced and remarried at least three times in prison.

Valjakkala was sentenced to life in prison. After a few years in Swedish prisons, he was moved to a prison in Finland, his home country. A month ago, he was pardoned by Finnish authorities. He will be set free next year.

Ann