Here are my replies to two of the most faithful posters of quality feedback in FOLCdom.

Maria wrote:

Cat Grant made her way to the storeroom for liquid paper and fresh pens. When she was sure she was alone, she dialed her special cell phone.

“Yes, Miss Grant?”

Cat swallowed hard. “Lois – Lois Lane and Clark Kent have an interview with Lex Luthor tomorrow morning at eleven.”

“Kent will be there?” The voice betrayed surprise.

“Yes. I think he’s going to get some background information on the company.”
Why Clark haven pick up on her conversation? confused
That's a very good question, Maria. The only answer I can give is that Clark isn't always there when Cat makes her "special" calls, and when she does she's trying for privacy and Clark always tries not to eavesdrop. If he heard everything anyone said in the newsroom, he'd be so confused he'd never get any work done.

You also asked about possible sabotage where Platt is concerned. We'll learn all there is about Dr. Platt soon enough.

Ann, I'm glad you picked up on Lois's comfort level with Clark being in her head. It's something I really wanted to communicate, and I'm glad it's coming across.

As far as Asabi's reaction to Lois's question about where the bodies are buried, I may have tripped you on an American idiom. The phrase refers to knowledge of possibly damaging secrets, such as a political candidate's adolescent drug use or employment of an illegal alien within the household. It doesn't necessarily refer to literal dead bodies.

I would respond to your mention of Swedish women who chase "dangerous" men by reminding you that many men pursue "dangerous" women (by that I mean women who promise pleasure but not real love or commitment or honesty) in similar fashion, and I seriously doubt that such behavior is defined by any set of national borders. Lois will figure out what to do with Luthor, I promise. I only wish to remind the gentle readers that I sometimes play with the backstory on certain characters. It's entirely possible that Lex Luthor is, in this story, not one of the bad guys.

Arnost sounds like an intelligent guy. I wonder if he believes that we are all such slaves to our genetic structure that our free will is simply an illusion to which we have adapted in order to facilitate dealing with a determinist universe?

Just a thought.

Next chapter up by tomorrow night. I have some minor tinkering to do.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing