Nan! This was another wonderful chapter. I hate that Ellen is being such a bear about the whole marriage thing. I know that she is concerned for Lois's future but obviously the family doesn't depend on her to make decisions! I'm glad that Sam has the foresight to give this all a chance.

I'm also glad that Lois and Clark had a *wedding night*. Clark loves Lois so much and I think that she really loves him. I do think that Clark should be careful with his powers. I'm not sure that Ellen wouldn't use the information to blackmail him.
"Did you call Lois's father last night?" Ellen inquired suddenly.

"No," Clark said.

"Did Lois?"

"No," Clark said.

Silence. Ellen regarded him with a puzzled air. "What's the nearest airport around here?" she asked suddenly.

"There's a private airfield in Rattlesnake Bend," Clark said, "about thirty miles from here. It's where the local crop dusters house their planes. The closest commercial airport is about fifty or sixty miles away, near Jefferson City."

"Oh," Ellen said. Abruptly, she left the kitchen. A moment later, Clark saw her in the bare area between the house and the barn, regarding the small blue car with a slight frown on her face. Clark went quietly about his kitchen duties. The only tire tracks in the dust were clear evidence that the vehicle hadn't been moved since the day before, and Clark had no intention of enlightening Ellen as to the true circumstances of last night's events.
I just love the way that Clark handles Ellen.

Nicely written!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.