Nan,

This was wonderful. I'm loving how these two young people are interacting--kids yet still themselves.

For example:
As he strolled into the school auditorium, where the morning meeting was taking place, he saw Lois Lane speaking to one of the committee members and taking quick notes on a pad of paper. He knew he shouldn't eavesdrop but the temptation was too much and he trained his hearing on the two. A minute later, he had to hide a smile. Lois was interviewing the man.
Lois is Always going to be reporting on something or she's just not Lois!

"Why Smallville?" he couldn't help asking. "We're one of those towns that isn't even on most maps."
That sounds more like 1st season Lois would have said about Smallville--even though it may be true it sounds a bit odd coming out of Clark's mouth.

"I think I know what you mean," Lois said. "If you're too smart, people think you're weird."

"Something like that," Clark said. "But I *can't* let my grades slide if I'm going to get into MU, so I just try to act like everybody else."

"Why'd you tell me, then?" Lois asked. "You can't be sure I'm not going to blab it all over town."

He shrugged. "I don't know. I sort of don't think you will."

"You know, Kent, you’re much too trusting," she said. “You’re lucky that this time you guessed right.”

“Who says I was guessing?” Clark said. “Can I help it if I’m a good judge of character?”

“Don’t push your luck,” Lois said. “One of these days you might be wrong.”

“I’m very selective,” Clark told her loftily. “You have to meet very high standards.”

She elbowed him in the ribs. “Jerk.”
OK, I know it's a long quote, but I just loved this conversation. It's so "THEM" even as teen-agers clap clap clap

Looking forward to 3 and finding out what's really bothering Lois.

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--