jawdrop OMG! How could you leave us there! Wait, don't answer that! As a person who likes to write evil cliff hangers, I know all too well. wink And that was a great one!

He turned, the tear track still glistening along the side of his face. Lois stood in front of him, her hair tousled. She glanced back to the spot where the frame had once sat on the nightstand. He didn’t know how much she had saw, and he knew she had no idea of the true significance of the moment, but the soft look in her eyes told him she understood.

Wordlessly, she pulled him into a hug and he held on tight. His throat was suddenly too tight, but it didn’t matter. She stroked her hands over his back, soothing him as a gasp ripped from his throat.

For a long moment, neither spoke nor moved. Clark stepped back a little and looked down at the ground, a lock of hair falling across his eyes.

“Thank you,” he said hoarsely.

Lois nodded. The thunderstorm had stopped sometime during the night and it left a rare silence in its wake. Her voice would sound loud and harsh in the beautiful stillness. She looked down at Clark’s hands. He was holding them to his stomach, pressing them deep against the fabric of his shirt. Her hand snuck between them and closed over his, gently detangling it from the cotton material and his other fingers. “It’s okay,” she finally whispered to him.
Sorry to quote all of this, but I loved it. There is such a...certain feeling to this (it's almost 2am and my brain is mush and I can't come up with the right word, but I wanted you to know that this part moved me).

I really liked this part--I think that it's one of my favorites yet. There was sadness, wit, and tender moments all packed into this part. It was truly awesome.

Now I'm going to take my mushy brain and fall into bed.

BTW, I won't mind if you pour out 3000 words in one sitting again. The result was wonderful.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.