Although Clark still exuded the same confidence that Superman did, the energy was less flashy somehow. Clark’s face was drawn with tension and he didn’t hold himself in the same broad, all powerful stance that Superman did. Instead of making the usual admonishing comments in a clear, ringing tone, he spoke in a subdued voice.
I love this! It's like Clark is finally able to be himself - confident, superpowered, but still mild-mannered. This "revelation" may actually be good for Clark in a way, since he will be able to finally be himself instead of always pretending. Of course, he first has to eliminate the parent-and-Planet-threatening psychos. It is unfortunately impossible to get rid of the Lois-threatening pyschos.

And speaking of...
She didn’t even know about the gun until the echo of its shot was heard across the newsroom. Quickly, she turned to see the perpetrator, only to confront a large, tightly clasped hand, an inch from her face. ... Lois was curious. This was the first time she had seen Clark perform any kind of super-duties while not in uniform and she was interested to see the difference.
“No, Clark. ... I’ll be fine, I always am...."
Lois, I don't think you even noticed you just came within a microsecond of death. :rolleyes:

I’ll explain my side of the story, give them some good quotes, and then ask them to leave me alone. I’m not going to stop living my life as Clark just because everyone knows about me.
Woo Hoo! Go Clark! clap

More please! grovel