Hey, Shadow, G. Khun, doublel, and symbolicangel! It's so great to see/hear from you all again! I'm glad you haven't forgotten me!

Shadow wrote:
It's been a while, but you so haven't lost your touch or style! I'm glad this story is back in action!
Whew! It's great to hear that. It's so hard to keep the tone right in a story like this, especially with such a long break. And then there's the fact that it's summer--and I have to admit, I have a much harder time writing in a "darker" or more serious mode during the summer. I'm glad the little bit of extra effort was worth it.

And I'm certainly glad to be back as well!

G. Khun wrote:
Wow!!! The wait was definately worth it! This is a WONDERFUL story! I've really missed it, and I was very concerned about you when all of a sudden the story stopped.
blush

Wow. What a welcome back!

I *am* sorry you worried, though. That's actually a very common reaction I've come back to, and honestly I feel awful that I disappeared like that and didn't really leave any warning. I'm glad you didn't abandon me out of spite because of it. thumbsup

I can't believe you have written 43 chapters already! The story is so good, I have at times forgotten the time, and read until wee hours of the morning. Makes for a blury day at work, but its worth it. Keep up the great work!
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that has that happen to. I lose track of time while I'm reading and (especially) writing. I guess this is an epidemic causing sleep-loss all around the board, eh? I'm flattered, though, that DD has been good enough to do the job!

Doublel wrote:
yea, you're back!! At first read, it was very insightful and beautifully written. I need to go back and read the chapter before to refresh my memory some.
Yeah; I had to re-read the whole thing from beginning to end to get back into the flow of things. Sorry again for the long wait!

symbolicangel wrote:
Yay! Smirky's back and so is Darkest Dreams!
<bows> thumbsup

Molten lava bubbles! I found this deeply amusing.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. My little sister thought it strange, but it cracked me up for some strange reason.

I hope someone comes clean soon!
Soon, soon. Yes, soon. <cackles>

You've got to love kids! I loved this scene with Clark interacting with the kids. You did a marvelous job of making their character's come to life. And what a name for a cat! Zupie...when I get a cat someday I might just steal that name.
This chapter was shamelessly stolen from my own childhood. Most obvious was that I had a poor cat that was often dyed with food-coloring depending on the season or holiday. Poor thing. But what's one going to do? huh wink

Thank you all for reviewing! It really makes my day!

Smirky