Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for the long delay; it certainly wasn't my intention to make everyone wait almost a month for the next part. During the last few weeks, though, I've been traveling for work and then on vacation.

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I know I've turned into a really evil writer when my characters can't get a few inches of breathing space without the readers wondering what terrible thing I'm going to do to them next. I have to say, I figured that Lois and Clark would probably have a few days of relative euphoria after his return. I imagine anyone in their position would be feeling so much relief that there wouldn't be room inside for much else.

Thanks for the lovely comments, Laura, I appreciate them.

Terry, thank you for the gentle nagging. And you're right - we're not even close to being done yet. These two have a long way to go to make sense of the last four years and to figure each other out. As we've said many times before - they're not the same people who got married four years ago.

Thanks for the feedback, ClarkLovesLois. You're right that it isn't all going to be easy, but what goes on for the rest of the story will be profoundly different from what came before because they are together.

Ann, thank you for your wonderful comments. The line of Lois's you quoted is one of my favorites of what I've written. I also like to think the same of these two characters. I'm not a fan of the soul mates theory, but I don't think that means that their love isn't unique and extraordinarily powerful. I know there has been a lot of discussion on the Fanfic Related board about the roles of Lois and Clark and the idea of soul mates and the relative importance of the two characters. I frankly find Clark/Superman boring without Lois Lane. I'm sure I'd find Lois annoying without Clark. They just work better and make far more sense together. In this story, I've tried to write them as titanic figures in human history. They're not really like the rest of us. I've tried to write them as those individuals of whom there might be a *few* in each generation - people with the understanding, vision, and sheer force of will to have a profound impact on the world. It's not hard to imagine that if two such people managed to get together, they could reshape the world. (So basically, I think of Lois and Clark as Eleanor and Franklin D. Roosevelt, you know, if the Roosevelts were superpowered, fantastically gorgeous, and madly in love with each other).

Straight to the sticky questions, huh, Chris? wink Of course, Clark didn't stray while he was on New Krypton, but how will his feelings about that place affect him? And what impact will Superman and Ultrawoman have on their relationship?

Hi Liz. I'll try to keep the balance. But I'm not promising that it's all puppies and Christmas from here out.

Maria, I'm so glad to see you back on the boards. Thanks for taking the time to comment. More is coming up soon!

Regards,

Rac