Okay, more apologies for being late with my reply.

I'm glad you liked the M&J stuff - I have to admit that part of the reason I included them was because I felt the story needed some new characters and a new location, but it was also because I really felt that CK would benefit from visiting them. They can give him unbiased advice that he's more likely to trust than anything from Lois or Clark. And I also thought that as soon as he discovered that there were people very like his dead parents living within his reach, he'd at the very least be curious enough to go take a peek, and probably a lot more. The poor boy needs a Mum and a Dad right now, and he knows it.

Anyway, I won't answer your comments individually this time, but in recompense I will post the next part laugh .

Oh, actually, I should respond to Saskia, who questioned the consistency of referring to lunch and then dinner. Strictly speaking, you're correct, I suppose. Here in the UK, people often use 'dinner' to mean 'lunch', so I just didn't notice it - and I don't think my UK-based BR did either. Maybe someone can tell me what happens in the US. smile

And Bethy, thanks for singling out the humour in this part. I must be doing *something* right. wink

Yvonne