Goody goody gumshoes! This was a long part! And so much I liked... <happy sigh>

After the turmoil our poor babies have been suffering, this humour was a wonderful break. And you balanced it so well with the conflict, too.

As soon as CK thought he wasn't trespassing, I *knew* he was going to get caught. goofy And good thing for him. Martha is just what our boys need for talking sense into them. It was wonderful how she was so firm with him, interrupting and telling him to let her finish. She has the advantages of having already dealt with too-high self-expectations with Clark and being an outside observer. I see glimmers of light at the end of CK's tunnel! Now, if only we could just stuff Jon in a copy machine and have two of him... wink

The interaction between Martha and Jonathan was Perfect, with a capital P. I loved how she knew about the cinnamon roll without him even saying anything! And the chicken feeding/feed ruses were hilarious. And what a great way to end the section -- "Just so long as everyone's happy!"

It was interesting how M&J switch roles when they find him -- first J is trying to remember where his gun is while Martha is calm and sure it's their son. Than J is accepting and calling him son (don't think I didn't notice he called CK son the whole time -- Go J!) and Martha is hard and cold sure it's not their son. LOL

LOL at the bells in the Sahara!!! And this line --
"Mom, are we having the same conversation here?”

"Of course we are, dear. You’re telling me about your illness and I’m telling you about CK."
rotflol rotflol I'm dying laughing here!

I think you’re amazing,” he murmured.

She laughed. “No, honey, just a Mom."
<happy sigh> Martha is a good mom. She'll whip Lois, Clark, CK, Jon and HG into shape in no time.

More more more more!

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.