Awww! You always write the sweetest vignettes, Laura! This one is definitely going on my favourites list.

Fine. So Clark Kent was kind of attractive. In a corn fed, Greek god body kind of way. As if anyone liked that sort of thing.
Yeah. What woman in her right mind would want to go out with a Greek god? drool

“What is it Lois?” He said softly. “What’s got you so upset? I know you. That person in there… well, she was crazy and wonderful, and don’t get me wrong, I thought she was pretty spectacular, but she wasn’t <you>.”
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is our Clark in a nutshell. Why can't I find a guy like that? *sigh*

Overcome with a sudden fierce emotion, Lois threw her arms back around him. “Not just yet Clark… I can’t… We can’t lose this, don’t you see that? We could lose everything.”

Clark tightened his grip on her waist and closed his eyes in a mix of disappointment and understanding. Then, in a whisper so soft she barely heard it, he breathed in her ear.

“Just you wait, Lois. I think you’ll find that I am a very patient man.”
This is soo bittersweet. I have no words. None.

I think the biggest sell for me in this story was that they didn't just fall into each others arms and speeded-up Happily Ever After. It was just one of the incidents that drew them ever closer to recognizing that palpable aura of attraction that had always been between them. It was a very realistic and mature ending.

You should write more often, Laura. I think you're one of the best writers we have posting these days.

Keep it up,
A puddle of goo formerly known as Hasini. laugh

PS: You wrote this in TWO HOURS! shock Talent, thy name is Laura!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.