Thanks again for the comments. Sorry to make you wait for a whole forty-eight hours for the next part!

Pam: sorry that you'd been expecting something along these lines... but I suppose it was fairly predictable. I mean, CJ losing his powers as he walks down the street just wouldn't have the same impact, would it? wink
I am fascinated, though, by the idea of Lois becoming sick at the same time CJ is... I have a theory about that, but I can't wait to see your explanation, 'cause it should be good.
And I'm intrigued to know what your theory is. That goes for Avia, too.

BTW, Hazel, glad you picked up on the idea of HIWTHI (even if it did take me quite a while to work the abbreviation!). I certainly had it in mind when I wrote this.

Pam: glad you continue to like Henderson. You still haven't seen the last of him. Yet.

Tank: glad you approved of the cliff-hanger.

We could come back next installment ... ti a really nasty wham that has CJ going splat on the landscape.
That would have been my Tank Ending, had I been inclined to write one.

I wonder; did you have Barbie Benton, the ex-playmate, centerfold, squeeze toy of Hugh Hefner, in mind for your Barbara Benton?
No. I didn't even know that there was an ex-playmate called Barbie Benton. Now you've got me wondering if I should change her name!

(who wonders what will happen to Lois now that she is on Lex's 'to do' list but no longer has the protection of a Superman)
You'll have to carry on reading to find out.

Maria:
They should talk to Mr. Pagliano, explain how his wife will set him up for money. Set everything up to record the interview.
Could be...

Oh, and there are no solar lamps in this fic. That's all I'll say on the subject.

Liz:
Oh no! I was wondering when his powers were going to start to give out. I should have expected that it would go something like that!
You mean you didn't? Oh, good. I managed to surprise someone. Heh, heh, heh.

And, no, CJ doesn't get amnesia. Well, not really.

Hazel: thank you, thank you, thank you. laugh

Is Carnes really Mrs. Cox, but before marriage? I remember LnCJ researched her, but I don't remember the results of their search.
No, Carnes isn't Mrs Cox.

In 'our' world, Monique Kahn (Monica Carnes in this story) appeared in the episode Neverending Battle, where she came across as a rather blood-thirsty employee of Luthor.

Mrs Cox was in the Barbarians at the Planet and House of Luthor episodes.

In CJ's world, Mrs Cox (along with Jules Johnson, who they have subsequently managed to find) vanished a while ago. CJ and Lois tracked her so far, but don't know where she is now, or even if she is alive.

Merry:
and I hate cliffhangers
Sorry. No cliff-hangers in part 23, but I can't promise that there won't be any more.

Tricia, Avia thanks for commenting too.

Chris