Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment. I know that there were some surprising turns here, so I'm glad no one's quite ready to burn me at the stake yet.

Terry, thanks for being such a great supporter all throughout the writing of these stories. You're absolutely right that Clark's thinking has taken some troubling turns. Who, if anyone, is going to be able to help him get past this?

Lois certainly has been in a tough spot for these last four years - Clark isn't dead (thank goodness), but she can't know that for sure. She can't mourn, grieve, or move on and so she's stuck in emotional limbo with open wounds that won't heal.

Hi, Jenni. Thanks for your comments. I'm trying to keep up with the writing despite my schedule. It's been tough recently, but I'm trying to wrap up the NK segment of this story.

Sammie, thanks for commenting. I know Clark needs to get home and I promise I'm working on it.

Thanks for the wonderful feedback, Ann. I know we're looking down some rather dark tunnels, I hope you'll find that the journey ahead is believable and worthwhile. Talan, a character I've grown very attached to as well, is again in a remarkably difficult spot, we'll have to wait and see how she manages her situation.

At least one little family has reason to be happy - Lok Sim, Enza, and Thia are finally catching a break. See, I'm not totally evil.

Thanks for commenting, Carol. I'll try to handle Clark's homecoming with the necessary and deserved dignity and grace, I promise. It'll come soon(ish - I know my posting schedule of late has left something to be desired).

CLL, I agree that Lois has it worse than Clark at this point - Clark can see the light at the end of the tunnel. He knows how long it's going to be before he gets home. Lois doesn't even know for sure that he's alive.

Rkn, thanks for commenting. I'm so glad that The Roads they Walked Alone had such a strong impact on you. And I'm choosing to take 'awful but beautiful' as a compliment wink

Thanks for your feedback, Liz. I'll post more as soon as I possibly can. I promise!

Maria, thanks so much for commenting. I've heard that things have been very difficult for you recently. I hope things are getting better and please know that you're in my thoughts. {{{Maria}}}.

Simply, it's very flattering to know that this story has pulled you out of lurkerdom. I am indeed a lawyer (and man, is it tough to try to write somewhat interesting courtroom scenes when you're trying to stick as closely to the rules of evidence as possible). It's tough to get motivated to write after a long day of work, which is my only excuse for the long delay, but I am trying, I promise.

Thanks so much for your comments, everyone. As I said above, I'm trying to get more done as quickly as possible. Thanks again for your patience!!