You, Sammy? I'd have been biting my knee to keep the laughter in!

Oh, my heavens. That was so darn funny! Nan, you NAILED it. I've done the hayseed thing myself, and it's funny how easy it is. Folks from the city really do seem to believe that if you choose to live in the country, you're just one step above drooling idiot.

Perry looked thoughtfully after Dr. Carlin as the door closed behind her. He might be mistaken, but he hadn't become editor of the Daily Planet because he could yodel and if she hadn't been handing him a load of bullsh ... uh, psychobabble, then he was Elvis's first cousin once removed. Well, the thought of Dr. Carlin being involved in the attempt on Lois's life wasn't a pleasant one but she seemed a little too interested in the whereabouts of Lois and Clark for Perry's peace of mind. After a long moment spent frowning at the closed door, he got to his feet. He'd been a pretty decent investigative reporter not all that long ago. It was time to put a little of his old knowledge to work. Maybe it was just his overactive imagination, but considering the apparent attempts on Lois's life, he wasn't willing to simply let it slide. Better to be sure. If his instinct was right, Arianna Carlin wouldn't be the first person to put money ahead of reputation and ethics, after all. If she had been planted here in the office to try to find out where Lois was hiding, he -- and Henderson -- needed to know it. Making up his mind, Perry went to the door and pushed it open.
I loved that Perry is the one catching onto Arianna Carlin. Yeah, Perry! dance

Thanks, Nan, for this! Nice to have a Nan fic to read today with my lunch.

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke