Oh, Pam! I love it! What a much better way to start ATAI, with Clark not being a lunkhead and Lois being, well, investigative! I really like this WAFFY sweet story.

"We can discredit anything he's got," she replied confidently. "Trust me, the idea that Superman is really a regular guy with a job is ridiculous. No one will believe it." Her voice turned heavily ironic. "Ask me how I know."
I really liked that line. It really captures the essence of Lois at that time.

She sighed. "Will you forgive me? Clark... it's taken us a long time to get here, and we both did stupid things along the way." She reached out to capture his hand, staring into his eyes. "All I really want to do now is get to know you again."

"Lois, you know me better than *anyone*."

She shook her head. "No, I don't know you at all, Clark. I mean, I know you as Clark, and I know you as Superman, but I need some time to, well, mesh the two together in my mind. Sort out what lies you've told me, and find out things you've hidden."

He flushed. "Lois, that was only--"

"I know, Clark." She squeezed his hand. "I know it was necessary to keep your secret. I really do understand that. And in the end, you did tell me. Sort of. But my point is... I don't really know you as well as I thought I did, and that's what I want to do -- spend time with the real you -- an ordinary guy who just happens to have superpowers."
And this captures the essence of Clark, a really ordinary guy with extraordinary abilities.

Very nice, Pam! Thank you!

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke