I saw this in the news the other day:

Kidnapped teen crashes alleged abductor\'s car into police car

The idea sounded really familiar...and then I knew I had to find this thread. hail

Meriel obeyed. "Make sure your webbing is fastened," she said, and it seemed to Carla that her voice had lost its frightened edge. Carla pulled the safety webbing over her lap and torso.

The carjacker didn't deign to obey. "Get us out of here," he told Meriel. "Fast."

"Okay. Don't get careless with that thing," Meriel said. "If you stun me, we'll crash."

And all at once, there was a man in the street ahead of them. Carla bit back a scream as Meriel aimed directly for him. Carla gasped and then realized all at once what she was seeing.

The man was tall, with very dark brown skin, and he wore a body suit of pure white, with a long white cape that waved from his shoulders. It had to be one of the superheroes, she thought in the split instant before impact. Carla and Meriel were protected from the jolt that shook the car as it ploughed into the white clad man, but the carjacker was thrown forward and his forehead struck the dashboard with a dull thud. The stunner cracked against the windshield, leaving a slight dent in the duraglass surface, and then they were coming to a halt. The super hero walked around to the driver's side of the car and leaned in.

"Are you ladies all right?" he inquired.

"We're fine," Meriel said. She undid her safety webbing and pushed the driver's door open.
Nan, Thanks for a great story that's getting more believable every day! Still waiting for my stasis unit, though. wink

Shallowford