Whaddaya mean there's no FDK for this yet?! frown

I totally meant to read this last night, but catching up with RL again after a weekend of carefree fun... hard!!

Commenting as I read... as usual. wink

“But I saw you take the sample from the vault,” Henderson pointed out. “If you removed it and he ended up with it, and you say you’ve never even met him, then how did it happen?”

“Honestly, I just don’t know,” Dr. Klein said, exasperatedly. “I don’t even remember removing that sample from the vault.”
Mmmm?? Video tape was edited with different footage to make it look like he did? He was drugged and made to go get the sample? He was *hypnotized* and made to get the sample? It's not even him at all on the images?

....so many possibilities! agh! the suspense is killing me. wink

<If the Earth opened up at my feet, I wouldn’t move until I’d said this... Lois... Will you marry me?>
*melts* I love that you made her remember the whole entire proposal. This is the absolute most amazingly romantic thing that I've ever heard (the bit about the Earth opening up at his feet) and I can never get enough of it. *Thank you* for putting it all there. I'll be crediting you with my day-long dreamy smile. smile

<Marry me, Lois. I want to spend my life with the woman who completes me, who has made me the man I am today. We’ve made so many wonderful memories together – enough to last a lifetime. Marry me...>
Ahhh... I have to quote that one too, I'd forgotten this one. Comes in a close second!! *dreamy sigh*

She had been so careful not to write anything down that would blatantly lead anyone to believe that Clark was Superman.
Oh? I thought she had said so precisely. Oh well, maybe I've been fed some Nirvana, too?

<looks around suspiciously at coworkers...> nah... they're not smart enough to do that! And the only Nirvana they know is the one you'd hear on the radio. The things they're missing!!

The world might not miss Clark Kent. But she would. She needed him. She needed Clark far more than she had ever wanted or needed Superman.
mecry We'd miss Clark too, you know... *sniffles*

“How nice of you to keep the number for Agent Scardino.”
mmm? what does he want with Dan? ooooh... wait, wait... he doesn't want to hurt him, does he? (says the reader, with a lopsided smile)

“Is it possible that someone could have drugged Dr. Klein too?” Dan broke in.
heeee! I thought of that. I did, I did! It was in my list of hypothesis before! Heee!! <pats self on the back>

“Well, wit *and* brains,” the man replied tartly. “Yes, this is Knox. And you are a DEA agent. You lied to me, Scardino. You’ll pay for that.”
Oooh! he does want to hurt him... (is it wrong that I'm smiling? It is, isn't it? dammit, I've turned into a stone cold meanie...)

“No!” Lois cried. “Don’t, Dan! Call Clark! Tell him to find Superm...” her words were cut off in a blood-curdling scream.
erm... talking about meanies... wink

To be concluded...
Oooh!!! I can't wait! I can't wait!!

Hurry back!!!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies